Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

So I have wanted this foundation for the longest time but couldn't bring myself to buying it, I am so picky with foundations because my skin is dry and sensitive so I have to get specific types. I have yellow undertones In my skin althought you can't tell until I put a pink based foundation on, so I have to compensate for that.

When I first tried this foundation I really didn't like it, it wasnt my thing at all, I didn't like the colour on me, I didn't like how it looked or I didn't like the feel of it.. But then I changed how I was using it, I started out using a flat top kabuki brush and didn't like the effect I was getting, so I used a stippling brush, once I used this I knew it was right because it made it look amazing! It was the right shade, blended really beautifully and looked flawless. 

This foundation is 1 Fl. Oz which is 30ml, it comes in a glass bottle and doesn't have a pump. It is a medium consistency, not to runny but still able to blend when applying it, I would say on my skin it's medium- high coverage depending on how much I put on and I only need one layer.

 It comes with an SPF of 10 so will be good in photos as it won't create a flashback making your face look white. I got mine in the shade 1C0 Shell, which is the lightest shade there is, this is the one I got matched to, it is kind of pink based but it works on me somehow, in foundations from the drugstore I am normally In the shade Ivory. 
It claims to last all day, be smudge proof, not transfer onto clothes, not change colour, not to move around during activity. 

I got mine from Debenhams and it was £28, it was expensive and I did a lot of research on it before I bought it, i always do research on products before I buy them because I want to make sure it's something I am looking for, especially in foundation and I would recommend everyone to do that. 

One downfall to this foundation however, is the pump. It's messy without one so when I shake it before I use it, once I have opened the lid it seems to run out of the bottle. It also takes a while to get used to, I had to work with it to see how I really liked to apply it and what I liked on top of it to set it.

Despite everything I can now say I absolutely love this foundation, it's incredable on photos, more so  without a flash.. I would defiantly buy it again 

No comments:

Post a Comment